March 3, 2008

The Heavy Cross

Hello,

I named my blog "The Heavy Cross" because I have recently realized the "weight of" or better yet, the "Cost" of going all the way for Christ. God has began a work in me that is the epitome of the biblically stated "all consuming fire". My friends and family will vouch that I have been consumed by God and I find myself wanting more. The more I seek, the more I find...the more I find, the more I realize there is to find...which leads me to wanting more. The cost I am speaking of refers to the fact that God promises to fill us according to our hunger. How hungry are you...really? When God consumed me, I found that I was willing to lay down any and everything to follow him...after all, if we really think about it...doesn't he deserve it?

The sole purpose of this blog is three-fold.
  • First...I am much more comfortable typing than I am writing and I think this is a great way to journal my journey towards the depths of intimacy with my Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ.

  • Second...I want to start a podcast of messages that "inspire and move me" for my friends, family members, and anyone else God so chooses to benefit from it.

  • Third...I would like for others to be able to dialog with me in an open forum environment regarding any the posting, sermons, or anything else that is posted.

I am looking forward to seeing how it goes and I welcome all feedback as long as it is clean and respectful.

Here Goes...

AddThis Feed Button

No comments: