May 30, 2009

Mormonism vs Christianity? See for yourself...

I have had three events recently that have made me realize my lack of knowledge about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My curiosity and recent studies of the this group led me to this video. It was made by Jeremiah Films who is a reputable Christian based film company who has produced videos of this nature for quite some time. I was surprised, to say the least, to learn the things that I have learned about this extra-biblical organization. As always, please do your own research, but this was definitely a compelling program that has heightened my awareness and peaked my interest to learn more about current cults operating in our society that attempt to strip the atoning power of the blood of Jesus. We as the body of Christ must be able to defend the Gospel. What soldier goes into battle without knowing everything they can about the enemy (the devil)?

1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

2 Timothy 2:15 - Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Subscribe in a reader



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What soldier goes into battle without knowing everything they can about the enemy?"

Nice to know that you think of Latter-day Saints as "the enemy." You've just shown that your just another Mormon-hater.

Well did Isaiah describe those who would fight against the saints of the latter-days.

"It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion.
"Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
"For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed..." (Isaiah 29:8-11)

The Book of Mormon is the "sealed book."

Drunken and blind with prejudice and hate, in a deep sleep, eyes closed to the reality of modern revelation, followers of dead prophets but rejecting the living ones, anti-Mormons fight against the Zion of God.

Seth R. said...

Everyone is potentially an enemy. Temptation, error, and a host of other negative things...

They can all come from any place. Friends, family, the worshipers at your own church, and yes - those of other faiths.

So, I guess it is entirely accurate to describe all these people as "the enemy."

But it seems like a rather sad way to view the world.

CHRIS GLENN said...

For the sake of clarity, no person is "the enemy" nor is any denomination or cult. The spirit that operates in opposition to the atoning power of Jesus ALONE is "the enemy". The "enemy" is destroying many people withing the Christian faith and is not isolated to the LDS or any other single group. The devil does not care who you are as long as he can get you off track. I myself was once ignorantly manipulated by this "enemy" before I submitted my life to Jesus. It is only by His grace that I found my way to Him. I am not a "hater" of any person. I am; however, a lover of truth and a hater of evil. I have a greater fear of God than I do of Man. Any teaching that is extra-biblical is an enemy to the infallible Word of God.

As far as the comment about having a "sad" view of the world. I would like to say that what seems sad to me is that we have become so "tolerant" of anything that uses the name of Jesus that we have lost a the backbone to stand up for truth. Unity without being grounded and centralized in the cross is no unity at all.